Ha! Someone actually reads my blog. And likes it enough to nominate me for an award. That is awesome. Thanks to orangesmoothieknits for the nomination. The liebster award is sort of like a chain letter where the nominated nominates new blogs. It’s a really good way to discover new interesting blogs, as well as getting more followers.
So here is how it’s done:
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in your post.
The question posted by orangesmoothieknits where the following:
- What is your dream vacation? I’m allergic to cold (yes, there is such a thing), so anywhere warm will do. Preferably with a nice white beach and really warm water. Somewhere that allows me to relax for an hour or so with a drink and a book or knitting.
- What is your favorite method of creating (knitting, crocheting, weaving, something else)? It’s definitely knitting. I’ve tried crocheting and spinning, but it’s not nearly as relaxing as knitting is to me.
- What creative achievement are you most proud of? I’m proud of all garments that fit me really well. The two projects I’ve gotten most use out of, is my summer cardigan knitted last year, and my pink hive dress. I really love these two and wear them quite often. I also really like to just look at all my projects on ravelry, and see how much I’ve learned since I started. I’m very proud of that.
- If you had a superpower, which one would it be? Not sure it qualifies as a superpower, but I’d like the ability to learn really fast, kind of like they do on the Matrix, by just having stuff dumped into your brain.
- What does a perfect day look like to you? Sleep until I wake up (as opposed to being awakened by a crying baby or a loud 2.5 year old). After a nice hotel-quality breakfast, we’d go out into the sunny weather and play (my children and husband and I). Maybe to the beach or the playground. We’d eat lunch out, and come back to the house in the afternoon, where the kids would amuse themselves for a while, and husband and I would enjoy a nice glass of wine or possibly a gin and tonic. We’d eat some barbecue and then the kids would go to bed without any fuss, leaving me and my husband to enjoy a nice movie, while knitting of course. Let’s just stop there and imagine what we’d do after 🙂
- If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be? Being a space nerd as I am, the moonlanding would be cool. Or possibly witnessing first interaction with an alien race or something like that. If they’re peaceful and not like us, of course.
- How did you get into the blogging world? I’m not sure. I said for a long time that my life isn’t interesting enough. Then I started blogging sporadically about technical, work-related stuff. I decided to start a knitting blog because I wanted my handknits to go with a story, as opposed to just being pictures on ravelry and instagram. Every project has some very specific memories attached to it and I want to remember how I did things and why.
- If money wasn’t an issue, where in the world would you live? I love Sweden. In the summer. I think I mentioned the cold allergy. I’d probably spend May-September in Sweden, then live somewhere warm like Thailand or Florida during the horrific Swedish winter. Except for christmas. I’d come back to Sweden for December because that’s the only time I like the dark and cold.
- What is your favorite show and why? If I have to pick an all time favorite it would probably be Battlestar Galactica. It’s just so dark and raw. I love it. A current show is much more difficult, because there are many good ones. Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead rank pretty high. They have a good storyline and always with the cliffhangers that leave you wanting more.
- If you could recommend just one place in your country to a tourist, what would it be? North of Sweden has some really exotic stuff to see, but I’ll stick with what I know and recommend the Stockholm archipelago during summer.
- Do you have pets? If so, please post a photo! If not, what pet would you like to have if time, money, allergies didn’t come into play? I’ve always been a cat person. I’ve had several kitties growing up. Unfortunately my husband is quite allergic, otherwise I’d be a real catlady.
I have to admit, I’m alot better at blogging than I am at actually reading other people’s blogs. Not because I’m self-absorbed or anything, it’s just that since I became a second-time mother, I’m lucky if I have enough time to take a shower and wash my hair. Reading blogs is just not something I get to do alot nowadays. That’s actually the reason it took so long to write this post. I had to find a few bloggers with excellent content.
Here are my nominations:
- the desert knitter
- Little Stick Creations
- Cricket’s Road Through Wool Projects
- Kate Larson Textiles
- Knit me for a loop
And here are my 11 question to said bloggers:
- What got you into blogging?
- What does your perfect day look like?
- What’s your favorite item to knit? Shawls, sweaters, socks or something else entirely?
- Are you result-driven knitter or is it more about the journey?
- What’s your favorite TV-show, movie or book?
- What’s your favorite yarn / fibre?
- Do you have a favorite go-to pattern? If so which is it?
- What’s your favorite podcast or vlog?
- What’s your favorite Etsy shop?
- Do you have any children or pets? Names, age, pics and all the details.
- What’s your favorite food?
Ok. I think that about covers it. Looking forward to the result!